Colon cancer, which can also be termed as collateral cancer is a leading cause of death for both men and women in USA. This is one of the most vulnerable types of cancer, which may happen to anyone, irrespective of age and gender. However, the vulnerability has been noted higher for men and women above 50 or 60 years old. This means the older you get, the more you have chances to suffer from the severe results of colon cancer. According to research, around 148,610 causes of colon cancer have been diagnosed. However, three causes have been considered as the most prominent causes of colon cancer.They are as followings:
- Due to Malnutrition –Malnutrition is the most prominent cause of colon cancer. Due to malnutrition, colon area accumulates lots of damages. This may lead to colon cancer.
- Genetic Reasons –Genetic problem is another cause of colon cancer. If you have someone in your family, suffering from colon cancer, then you are also vulnerable to this disease.
- Tumors in Colon – Tumors in the colon area may become malignant and can result into colon cancer.
To get yourself in safeguard from this disease, all you need is undergoing screening test for collateral cancer within a periodic interval. A screening test of colon cancer will certainly let you know whether you are vulnerable for it or not. If you seem vulnerable to it or you have acquired colon cancer, then diagnosis as well as medications in the earlier stages will definitely help you to get rid of the problem. Through researches and statistics, it has been established as a proven fact that colon cancer is highly curable, especially if it has been diagnosed at the earlier stages.
Routine Colon Cancer Screening
Due to the food habits, most of the people from the USA are vulnerable to colon cancer. If your age is beyond 50 years, then routine colon cancer screening is a must-do for you. This is the only way of staying at a safe distance from risks of colon cancer. The routine screening involves:
- Either FIT or fecal immunochemical test, or FOBT (fecal occult blood test) has been recommended for every year.
- In every 5 years, flexible sigmoidoscopy must be done.
- Colonoscopy test in every 10 years.
- In every 5 years, double-contrast barium enema.
Quidel’s QuickVue iFOB Test for Colon Cancer
This is a new kind of colon cancer screening, which has become quite popular in these days for its optimal effectiveness. It is basically nothing but an advanced level of FIT or fecal immunochemical test. Through FIT, the sample from patent’s body has been collected. If through the tests, blood has been detected in the stool of the patient, then it is considered that the patient has gastronomical disorders. Gastronomical disorder symbolizes the chances of acquiring colon cancer.Quidel’s QuickVue iFOB Test is one of the simplest tests for detecting chances of colon cancer or judging vulnerability of the patient for acquiring colon cancer.
Medication or Getting Rid of Chances of Colon Cancer
To stay away from colon cancer, simple method is keeping your colon healthy as well as hygienic. For this, you have to consume balanced diets and at the same time, colon cleansing method will also help you. If you are suffering from colon cancer, then follow the guidelines of your physician religiously.